Become a skincare ingredient expert and impress your clients! In this class we dig deep into the synergy and science behind the most popular ingredients used in skin care formulations today.
We explore and demystify the science behind advanced clinical ingredients, the benefits they achieve and the results your clients can expect. You’ll master advanced cosmetic ingredient knowledge, so your clients appreciate YOUR professional products and TRUST YOU MORE. This workshop is ideal for students, recent grads or the seasoned aesthetician who wants to be less intimidated by ingredients.
Learn to better communicate with even your most savvy informed clients, and feel confident with learning to sell against Amazon, department stores, pharmacy OTC products to boost your retail sales and put more profit in your pocket!
This course is designed for skin care professionals using any product line, not specific to one brand. Attendees who take this course will gain valuable and applicable knowledge regardless of brand preference.
Attendees are welcome to bring 3-4 products from their own skincare to discuss and compare ingredients as well as popular OTC products.
Curriculum Will Focus On:
– How to naturally speak the language of ingredients
– Feature/Benefit/Result for increased sales and treatment retention
– Sales success strategies that are as easy as A-B-C: Approach, Build, Close for different personality types
– Skin physiology and histology review for better customized solutions
– In depth understanding of the layers of the skin and how that informs your skin diagnostics
– Cell types and the role they play in the skin and in product recommendations
– The differences between an active ingredient (drug) vs. non-active ingredient
– The differences between natural vs. organic vs. chemical ingredients
– How to decode the back of the package (drug fact label, ingredient list)
– How to incorporate your actives with various modalities including microdermabrasion, ultrasonic and micro current technologies
-To understand the categories of ingredients: What they are, what they do, and how to address client concerns including the following:
*Antibacterial, Anti-inflammatories, and Antioxidants
*Emollients, Emulsifiers, Exfoliators
*Lighteners and brighteners
*Polymers and Preservatives
*Serums, Silicones, Soothing and calming ingredients that perform
*Preservatives, Surfactants and other ingredients that help the actives work.
As a bonus with this class, attendees will have an opportunity to see some of the newest technology being offered in esthetics! (as time permits)
- An active Aesthetic, Cosmetology, Nursing or Physician license.
- We accept professionals from CT. After registering, email a copy of your certificate or transcript.
- Attendees who take this course are responsible for researching state/local/federal licensing laws & regulations surrounding these services & ensuring these services are within the scope of practice prior to registering for the course. We are not a regulatory agency, and all questions regarding scope of practice must be researched through your governing Board and/or city/state/federal laws. Completing our training course does not allow you license to legally perform the service in your city/state. All tuition is non-refundable, non-transferable.
- For attendees licensed in MA, Massachusetts State Board of Cosmetology approves all courses. Upon completion of a course, a certificate will be provided to the student, and a report will be forwarded to the State Board