Our advanced skin analysis describes how to identify various skin conditions in order to help therapists and practitioners recognize a variety of skin conditions with confidence. Treatments will be more effective when identifying existing skin conditions and treating them in priority order. The course will help the therapist bring their career to the next level of expertise in skin care.
The course will focus on identifying skin conditions affecting skin health such as:
- Acne, whiteheads and blackheads
- Pigmentation, age or liver spots
- Melasma (pregnancy mask)
- Cold sores (fever blisters)
- Chronic Psoriasis on the skin
- Rashes from plants Poison Ivy, Poison Oak, Poison Sumac
- Skin tags
- Actinic Keratosis
- Pigmented and atypical moles
- When is a mole a problem?
- Warning signs of skin cancer (know your ABCDEs)
- Basal Cell Carcinoma
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Cherry Angiomas
- Why do I have Scaly Skin
- Importance of staying within the scope of your license and referring to physician
- An active Aesthetic, Cosmetology, Nursing or Physician license.
- Attendees who take this course are responsible for researching state/local/federal licensing laws & regulations surrounding these services & ensuring these services are within the scope of practice prior to registering for the course. We are not a regulatory agency, and all questions regarding scope of practice must be researched through your governing Board and/or city/state/federal laws. Completing our training course does not allow you license to legally perform the service in your city/state. All tuition is non-refundable, non-transferable.
- For attendees licensed in MA, Massachusetts State Board of Cosmetology approves all courses. Upon completion of a course, a certificate will be provided to the student, and a report will be forwarded to the State Board