Learn the ancient art of Threading and profitably incorporate this hair removal technique into your skill set. Threading’s popularity is quickly growing in the U.S., but clients are discovering the lack of real training many of these so-called technicians have. Improper threading will break the hair rather than pull it out by the root, causing damage and irritation. Truly learning this skill will make you stand out among the posers. IdE is one of few continuing education facilities offering true certified training for threading.
Threading originated thousands of years ago in the Middle East and nearby regions of Asia as a method of hair removal that could be done frequently without damaging the skin. It entails a specific technique of running a partly wound string across the skin. Many clients prefer this method because it is faster, less painful, more precise, and most importantly more gentle to the skin than waxing or tweezing. This service is well suited for sensitive skin, even if the client is on medications such as Retin A or Accutane
This one-day course will teach you the art of threading eyebrows, lips, chin and vellus hair. You will be shown and have the opportunity to practice the exact pressure to apply and the distinct rhythm to follow while threading.
Included In Course:
A spool of thread.
- An active Aesthetic, Cosmetology, Nursing or Physician license.
- We accept professionals from CT. After registering, email a copy of your certificate or transcript.
- Attendees who take this course are responsible for researching state/local/federal licensing laws & regulations surrounding these services & ensuring these services are within the scope of practice prior to registering for the course. We are not a regulatory agency, and all questions regarding scope of practice must be researched through your governing Board and/or city/state/federal laws. Completing our training course does not allow you license to legally perform the service in your city/state. All tuition is non-refundable, non-transferable.
Is a model required for this class?
No model is required, attendees will work on each other. If you have a skin condition preventing you from receiving a treatment, please notify us a minimum of 1 week prior to the class.
Contraindications: (This is some but not all if you are questioning it, then we require you to line up a model)
- Hypersensitive skin
- Contagious skin diseases or disorders
- Skin resurfacing done with laser or deep chemical peels. (waiting period is a minimum of 6 months)
- For attendees licensed in MA, Massachusetts State Board of Cosmetology approves all courses. Upon completion of a course, a certificate will be provided to the student, and a report will be forwarded to the State Board