Choosing the correct peel not only provides powerful, results-oriented facials for every skin type, but are among the top five most requested medical aesthetic treatments. Learn the science behind peels, when to use them, pre and post treatment requirements, downtimes, and how and where they work compared to other acid options. Learn how to incorporate these peels with other modalities, regular facials and home care. Key Factors affecting peel penetration and how to optimize results will be discussed. You will learn how to customize peels for various Fitzpatrick types with special emphasis on improving acneic, aging, sensitive and sun damaged skin
A model is required for this course. If you cannot bring your own model, please be willing to pair up and work on another student.
Model is required. If you cannot find a model, please notify us a minimum of 1 week prior to the class.
- Use of Accutane within the last 6 months
- Open wounds, cuts, abrasions
- Acne or herpes outbreak
- Plastic surgery procedure within the last 3-6 months
- Allergy to any constituent of the peel (patch testing prior to facial peel is recommended)
- Please stop any Retin-A products 48 hours prior to peel
- No sun tanning at least 1 week prior to the peel.
If class is on a Sunday the model arrival time is: 1pm
If class is on a Monday the model arrival time is: 2pm
- An active Aesthetic, Cosmetology, Nursing or Physician license.
- We accept professionals from CT. After registering, email a copy of your certificate or transcript.
- You must have taken IDE’s Intro To Chemical Peels Course and/or have a certificate of completion stating you are proficient in Intro Peels.
- Attendees who take this course are responsible for researching state/local/federal licensing laws & regulations surrounding these services & ensuring these services are within the scope of practice prior to registering for the course. We are not a regulatory agency, and all questions regarding scope of practice must be researched through your governing Board and/or city/state/federal laws. Completing our training course does not allow you license to legally perform the service in your city/state. All tuition is non-refundable, non-transferable.
- For attendees licensed in MA, Massachusetts State Board of Cosmetology approves all courses. Upon completion of a course, a certificate will be provided to the student, and a report will be forwarded to the State Board