The skin of the face, neck, and hands is typically the most important to individuals, while also typically being the most problematic. You can provide them solutions by having the training to offer Chemical Peels. These popular treatments help to rejuvenate the entire area and treat blemishes on aging, pigmented, acne and rosacea skin. Fine lines and sun damage can disappear, and your clients’ skin will look and feel fresh and smooth.
A chemical peel treatment produces a controlled wound on the area treated, enabling regenerated skin to appear. A chemical solution is applied to the skin, causing it to blister and eventually peel off. Peels can range from mild to deep depending on the skin’s condition and the objectives of the treatment and tend to be repeated over time.
In this training course you learn the anatomy and physiology of the skin and how to assess the skin’s condition when choosing a chemical peel. You gain an understanding of the different types of chemical peels, such as Enzyme, AHA, BHA, and how to properly develop a suitable treatment plan for your clients based on a peel’s function, indication, and contrindication. SPT (Sun Protection Type) scale, Fitzpatrick scale, and Lancer Ethnicity scale are also discussed. You learn various application techniques and pre-peel and post-peel instructions. Attendees will pair up and work on one another during the hands-on portion of this class.
IdE is a procedure and technique based educational facility and does not endorse any particular product. Our course curriculum is designed in a way that the student can use the learned technique with the product of their choosing. In addition to technique, all of IdE’s courses include lessons on safety and sanitation, marketing, consulting, client communication and management, pricing for profit, and client retention for that particular subject.
No model is required, attendees will work on each other. If you have a skin condition preventing you from receiving a treatment, please notify us a minimum of 1 week prior to the class.
- Use of Accutane within the last 6 months
- Open wounds, cuts, abrasions
- Acne or herpes outbreak
- Plastic surgery procedure within the last 3-6 months
- Allergy to any constituent of the peel (patch testing prior to facial peel is recommended)
- Please stop any Retin-A products 48 hours prior to peel
- No sun tanning at least 1 week prior to the peel.
- An active Aesthetic, Cosmetology, Nursing or Physician license.
- We accept professionals from CT. After registering, email a copy of your certificate or transcript.
- Attendees who take this course are responsible for researching state/local/federal licensing laws & regulations surrounding these services & ensuring these services are within the scope of practice prior to registering for the course. We are not a regulatory agency, and all questions regarding scope of practice must be researched through your governing Board and/or city/state/federal laws. Completing our training course does not allow you license to legally perform the service in your city/state. All tuition is non-refundable, non-transferable.
- For attendees licensed in MA, Massachusetts State Board of Cosmetology approves all courses. Upon completion of a course, a certificate will be provided to the student, and a report will be forwarded to the State Board