Hair removal is always in highest demand in both the spa and medical cosmetic industries. Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) is considered the best alternative to laser hair removal. This light therapy is quickly growing in popularity thanks to its proven fast results at affordable prices. In this treatment, a focused pulsing light is skillfully applied to the surface of the skin. The light travels down the hair shaft to the root. At this point, the IPL reacts with the hair and skin’s melanin, causing a scientific light to heat energy conversion that vaporizes the hair and its root, and often destroys the hair follicle. Pain is quick and targeted, and recovery is immediate. The heat generated from an IPL treatment does not damage the epidermis in any way. In fact, IPL is often used to clear up and heal a variety of skin conditions.
This extensive course provides estheticians, nurses, and electrologists with theoretical and practical methods of how to safely optimize treatment when using devices such as the IPL. Didactic and photo-light lectures combined with hands-on training ensure a thorough understanding of the use of aesthetic lasers. Attendees will provide and receive treatments during hands-on.
Optional Starter Equipment
Optional Starter Equipment is available to purchase the day of class. If you wish to inquire about pre-purchasing equipment please call us at 781-246-7721
No model is required, attendees will work on each other. If you have a skin condition preventing you from receiving a treatment, please notify us a minimum of 1 week prior to the class.
- Exposure to sun or artificial tanning during the last 3 – 4 weeks for skin type I/II/IIl and 6-8 weeks in skin type IV-V
- Cancer; in particular skin cancer
- Diseases which may be stimulated by light (lupus)
- Active skin diseases (psoriasis, Vitiligo)
- Hormonal disorders, unless under control
- Any major uncontrolled health problem (diabetes)
- Use of photosensitive medication and herbs.
- History of bleeding coagulapathies and use of anticoagulants
- Active infection of Herpes Simplex in the treatment area
- History of Keloid scarring
- An active Aesthetic, Cosmetology, Nursing or Physician license.
- We accept professionals from CT. After registering, email a copy of your certificate or transcript.
- Proof of a minimum of 1 year’s experience in related esthetic or medical practice.
- Attendees who take this course are responsible for researching state/local/federal licensing laws & regulations surrounding these services & ensuring these services are within the scope of practice prior to registering for the course. We are not a regulatory agency, and all questions regarding scope of practice must be researched through your governing Board and/or city/state/federal laws. Completing our training course does not allow you license to legally perform the service in your city/state. All tuition is non-refundable, non-transferable.
Tuition for 2-Days: $950
- For attendees licensed in MA, Massachusetts State Board of Cosmetology approves all courses. Upon completion of a course, a certificate will be provided to the student, and a report will be forwarded to the State Board