This popular treatment has been widely used within physician offices, medical spas and esthetics spas, where esthetic procedures are performed. It is used to exfoliate the skin’s top layer through a non-invasive method of controlled surgical scraping. It removes vellous facial hair (peach fuzz) and superficial dead skin, which can give the complexion a lackluster appearance. Additionally, incorporating facials, chemical peels and IPL will be outlined in this class.
Within this outlined training, you will acquire the necessary skills and technique to properly perform a safe and thorough procedure. Understanding proper sanitation, safety issues, and in addition, skin profiling will be included.
Optional Kit Starter Package
- Dermaplaning Kit (enough to perform 20 treatments) $85
- Sharps container for safe blade disposal
- Average Price Spas are charging: $95
- Cost Per Treatment approx.:$2-$4
- ROI: $1,900
- Kit contents are subject to change at anytime.
- Kit is an additional separate cost from tuition. Kits are not available for purchase at the class or after the class. They are only available for pre-purchase with your class registration.
No model is required, attendees will work on each other. If you have a skin condition preventing you from receiving a treatment, please notify us a minimum of 1 week prior to the class.
- Use of Accutane within last 6months
- Severe Acne or herpes outbreak
- Plastic surgery procedure with the past 3-6 months
- Please stop any Retin-A products 48 hours prior
- An active Aesthetic, Cosmetology, Nursing or Physician license.
- We accept professionals from CT. After registering, email a copy of your certificate or transcript.
- This class requires a minimum of 6 months prior experience working with facials/skin care. If you are a licensed Aesthetician or Cosmetologist who has been out of the business or not working in skincare for more than 6 months you must take Advanced Facial Refresher, Intro to Peels, or Advanced Skin Analysis prior to taking Dermaplaning.
- Attendees who take this course are responsible for researching state/local/federal licensing laws & regulations surrounding these services & ensuring these services are within the scope of practice prior to registering for the course. We are not a regulatory agency, and all questions regarding scope of practice must be researched through your governing Board and/or city/state/federal laws. Completing our training course does not allow you license to legally perform the service in your city/state. All tuition is non-refundable, non-transferable.
Optional Kit Starter Package: $85
Kit is an additional separate cost from tuition. Kits are not available for purchase at the class or after the class. They are only available for pre-purchase with your class registration.
- For attendees licensed in MA, Massachusetts State Board of Cosmetology approves all courses. Upon completion of a course, a certificate will be provided to the student, and a report will be forwarded to the State Board